Do you need to verify your degrees from HEC? Here you’ll get answer to How to Verify Degrees from HEC Online? Comprehensive Procedure. Higher Education Commission (HEC) offers an easy online way for degree verification. Therefore, you can easily get verified your educational degrees & transcripts.
How to Verify Degrees from HEC Online? Comprehensive Procedure
Recently, HEC has launched a completely secure & robust online degree attestation system. It requires an applicant to apply from their homes.
The applicant would be required to apply through web link by getting online registered & creating an account, filling online application form & uploading scanned documents.
The application will be initially scrutinize online at HEC head office/regional centers as desired by the applicant. After successful scrutiny, the applicant will then receive an email/SMS to schedule his visit accordingly.
However, for better understanding of the new system, following is a step-by-step procedure for applying for the degree attestation through HEC new online degree attestation system:
Step by Step Guide for Online HEC Degree Verification
In order to get online degree verification from HEC, go through following steps;
💡 Step-1 Create Online Account:
At the very first step you’ve to register an account on the following HEC E-Portal.
Choose your nationality, enter CNIC number & password for your account. Moreover, you’ve to input your valid Cell / Mobile number & email address. As, you’ll receive SMS & Email to verify your identity. At the end, enter antispam code, as shown in picture & click on submit button.
💡 Step-2 Filling in the Profile & Uploading of Educational Documents:
🔦 Accessing & filling the Profile: After completing account creation & verification, you’ve to login, you’ll land on “Dashboard”.
- My Applications: This section shows the high level status of the application (saved, Submitted, In process, Attested, Rejected)
- My Tasks: In this section, tasks will appear which are pending on applicants e.g. Revise Application form or Application Scheduling.
From Dashboard, using the left navigation panel of services you’ll route to “My Profile”. Here you should fill Personal, Contact & Education details. In Personal Details, you’ve to upload the copy of CNIC or Passport if foreign National. In Education Tab, you’ve to provide all educational details & upload the scanned copies of degrees & transcripts which you want to attest.
🔦 For PhD. Applicants: The PhD Country Directory (PCD) verification process is a two-step process, which ensures that applicants most relevant & up to date data is available in the system.
- From Dashboard, Navigate to “PhD. Country Directory“.
- System will search you in HEC PCD database on the bases of your CNIC or Email.
- If your record is not found, you will be requested to add PCD Serial Number, which is available on HEC website PCD page.
- Fill in the data verification form, in which your data will be pre-populated based on your CNIC, email or PCD Serial Number.
- HEC will verify your record & after that will let you through for subsequent attestation.
🔦 Uploading of Educational Documents:
- Upload the VISIBLE scanned copies of relevant educational documents, CNIC (Front & Back Side) or Passport (foreigners only) & passport size profile photo. The scanned documents size must not exceed 500kb.
- Click on “Save and Close” after uploading documents.
💡 Step-3 Accessing & Filling the Online Application Form:
You can access Application Form by clicking “Accreditation & Attestation” menu item & further clicking Application Form under Degree Attestation System. Fill the online application form by completing the various tabs given in the application form.
NOTE: The new online degree attestation/verification system is linked with Pakistan Qualification Register (PQR). If the information regarding the degree program/title which the applicants holds is not populated in the given fields, immediately contact the focal person of your university for entering the same in the PQR (Check List of University Focal Persons). Until & unless your degree program/title information are populated in the given fields, you will not be able to proceed further for attestation of your documents.
🔦 Select Type of Document to be Attested:
Attest New Degree: Please select this option if you want to get a degree attested which has not been attested before. You may also select this option if your transcript or provisional degree was attested before, but not your degree. You will be given an option to choose degree(s) from your profile which haven’t been attested before. You may also choose this if you had your degrees verified in the old system i.e. from March 2009 to May 29, 2017. As, the old system was not integrated with PQR, the data has to be verified again for the applicant to proceed further. This is a single step process in which you select the degree & then after scrutiny it is verified.
Duplicate Attestation: If you have lost your already attested document, please select this option if you want to get your duplicate degree attested. You are required to bring Police FIR & Newspaper advertisement (complete Newspaper is mandatory).
Supplementary Attestation: Please select this option, if you want to get copies of your degree attested e.g. degree photocopy, transcripts etc. You must have an attested degree to avail this option. You will be given an option to choose degree(s) from your profile, which have been attested before.
Update an Attested Degree: Select this option if your degree was attested before but, for some reason, has been updated. You will be given an option to choose degree(s) from your profile which have been attested before.
🔦 Select Documents to be Attested: (Original & Photocopies): Enter “Number of pages for original Documents” Or “Number of Pages of Photocopy Documents” for at least one document type. Amount will be calculated on the basis of the number of pages & amount per page. Grand Total will be displayed at the bottom of the grid.
🔦 Selection of Head office/Regional Center from where you want to Attest your Documents: Please select the desired HEC center i.e. Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Quetta and Peshawar, from the drop down list, from where you want to get Attestation Service. Please be careful once you selects the desired HEC center, it will not be changed. Select checkbox against the undertaking text.
💡 Step-4 Submission of Online Application
After successful completion of profile and application along with uploading of documents, submit the online application by clicking the button “Submit“.
You will receive a pop up message on your screen that your application has successfully submitted for initial scrutiny at HEC with an application ID.
💡 Step-5 Initial Online Scrutiny of Application at HEC
🔦 Successful Scrutiny: After submission of online application by the applicant, the documents are scrutinized by the HEC and if found complete according to the attestation SOP’s, the application is approved in the system.
🔦 Revise Application Form: Based on scrutiny, the applicant may be asked to revise the application form by uploading some other documents etc. This will be intimated to applicant through SMS & through Email. Applicant may see the task in “My Task” section in the Dashboard. Applicants will have to remove the deficiencies mentioned in the “Comment” section of the task.
💡 Step-6 Scheduling of Date & Time for Attestation
After successful scrutiny, the applicant will receive a message & email for scheduling his visit according to his convenience & as per availability of time slot in the following ways:
🔦 Through Self Submission/Authorize Person: In this case the applicant will personally schedule his visit for attestation of his documents or through authorize person & will bring all his original documents along with a copy of the same, Bank challan form & a print out of the application form for same day attestation at the selected office.
🔦 Application Re-Scheduling: After first scheduling, if an applicant cannot find time to visit HEC offices for attestation, the applicant can re-schedule his visit.
🔦 Attestation through Courier: After Successful scrutiny, a message & email will be received by the applicant to submit his/her documents in HEC designated Courier Company Office (TCS Courier Company within Pakistan & Gerry’s FedEx from all over the world). After receiving the message & Email from HEC, the applicant will hand over all original documents, copies of CNIC & Educational Documents, a printout of the application form along with Attestation Fee & Courier Charges to the courier office. A receipt will be given to the applicant by the representative of Courier Company and the same will be uploaded by the applicant in his attestation application form in HEC online degree attestation system for information of HEC office that he/she has handed over the case to the authorized Courier office.
After due procedure of attestation a message will be sent to the applicant regarding attestation of his/her documents and case will be handed over to the representative of designated Courier company for onward transmission to the applicant. After receiving the attestation case in HEC, it will take at least ten (10) working days.
💡 Step-7 Submitting Documents for Attestation through Personal visit or Authorized Person:
You will submit your relevant original documents along with copies of CNIC & educational documents at HEC and a print out of the application for at the attestation windows.
After checking of the original documents, you will submit fee at the bank counter within the HEC premises.
💡 Step-8 Receive your Attested Degree
You will collect your attested documents from the window after announcement of your name.
Requirements for Degree Attestation from HEC
- Create an online profile at HEC ePortal (as described above) to initiate the process for degree attestation. Completely fill-in the personal & educational details on the online profile. Incomplete information may cause inconvenience for you at later stage.
- Reserve an available date for attestation at a HEC office location of your choice.
- For Attestation through courier service, please select the option of courier service in the online form. Print out the form & visit the designated courier office.
- The attestation fee for each Original document is Rs. 800 & for each Photocopy is Rs. 500.
- Only transcript (complete/Incomplete) are allowed for attestation even if the degree has not been issued subject to verification by the Controller of Examination of the concerned university/DAIs.
- The Information on applicant’s academic documents should exactly match with CNIC/Passport:
- For attestation of “Shahadatul Almiya fil Uloomm al Arabia wal Islamia” please enter particulars of Aama, Khasa, Aaliya and Almiya in the online application form and attach equivalence given by the HEC.
- For attestation of “Equivalence Letter” issued by the HEC, please attach the original Equivalence letter along with all necessary original documents.
- The HEC attests the photocopies of degrees & transcripts only after attestation of the original documents.
- The HEC will not attest any document if a field/area is omitted or erased on the same. Please, contact to the university first for issuance of documents without erasure/omission.
- Fake degrees and all other original educational documents would be confiscated and handed over to FIA for further investigation and disposal as per law.
- Please, read the complete guidelines for chosen method of attestation i.e Walk-In and/or Courier Service before proceeding for attestation to avoid any inconvenience.
- For attestation of CPSP Fellowship/Membership certificate, the verification of Controller of Examinations of CPSP is required before submission of documents to HEC.
- Please bring or furnish (Courier Cases) the following documents:
- Duly filled-in Application Form. http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/
- A clearly visible copy of valid Computerized National Identity Card/ Passport in case of Foreign National is mandatory.
- The applicant must submit that transcript and degree only which he/she wants to attest.
- In case of professional degree/diploma, Registration and/or recognition from relevant professional body.
- In case the documents are being presented by a person other than the degree holder, an authority letter for the authorized person along with a copy of CNIC of the authorized person duly attested by Grade-17 and above officer is required.
- A set of photocopies of CNIC/Passport and documents that are required to be attested, for HEC record.
NOTE: Tracking of Application: In order to track your application’s status, go through following steps;
- Select the application & click on either “View Attestation Details” or “View Application Details“.
- On click of button, respective sections are opened.
- Applicant can click on Download button to download the zip file of documents.
- Applicants can also download their Application Forms & Challan Forms using the same screen after they have scheduled their application.
- All the phases are displayed.
- Applicant can click on “View Comments” to view the comments against the tasks of that particular phase.
That’s all about How to Verify Degrees from HEC Online? In case of any further query, feel free to comment below or contact us.