Are you looking for United Nations Organizations UNO General Knowledge? Here you can find United Nations Organizations UNO General Knowledge. The most important & most repeated general knowledge questions. Therefore, now you don’t need to search for UNO general knowledge quizzes anymore, anymore else.
United Nations Organizations UNO General Knowledge
Part-1 UNO General Knowledge MCQs 💡
1. When did Joseph Stalin, Franklin D Roosevelt and Winston Churchill met in Iran and agreed in Principle to form United Nations?
(a) October 1943 ✓
(b) August 1942
(c) September 1944
(d) November 1941
2 The United Nations Genera) Assembly has designated, the year 2012 as the International Year of____.
(b) Planet Earth
(d) Sustainable Energy for All ✓
3. Which of the following sets of four countries Is responsible for forming the constitution of UNO in October 1944?
(a) United States, England, France and Soviet Union ✓
(b) United States, England, China and Soviet Union
(c) United States, Germany, China and Soviet Union
(d) United States, Canada, England and Soviet Union
4. On June 26, 1945, at San Francisco the United Nations Charter was signed by the delegates of how many countries
(c) 50 ✓
5. When did UNO formally come into existence?
(a) October 24, 1945 ✓
(b) September 15, 1945
(c) August 20, 1945
(d) July 20, 1945
6. Which day is celebrated as United Nations Day?
(a) September 24
(b) August 24
(c) October 24 ✓
(d) November 24
7. United Nations emblem consists of__________.
(a) Global map Projected from South Pole and embraced in twin Olive branches
(b) Global map Projected from North Pole and embraced in twin Olive branches ✓
(c) Global map Projected from North Pole and two branches of Olive branches with a Pigeon
(d) None of them
8. New members are admitted to the General Assembly of UNO on the recommendation of Security Council and ______.
(a) Simple majority of members of General Assembly
(b) Two-third majority of members of General Assembly ✓
(c) Three-fourth majority of members of General Assembly
(d) All the members of General Assembly
9. Pakistan joined UNO on
(a) 30 September, 1947 ✓
(b) 30 August, 1947
(c) 30 December, 1948
(d) 30 September, 1948
10. Today the membership of UNO has risen to
(a) 185 members
(b) 195 members
(c) 193 members ✓
(d) 197 members
Part-2 UNO General Knowledge MCQs 💡
1. Which of the following countries was the second last member inducted in September 2002 UN Genera! Assembly?
(a) Czech Republic
(d) Montenegro ✓
2. How many Principal bodies of the UNO are there?
(b) 6 ✓
3. The first Secretary-General of the United Nations was
(a) Mrs Vijay Lakshmi Pandit
(b) Trygue Lie ✓
(c) Dag Hommarskoeld
(d) U. Thant
4. Which of the following countries was expelled from UNO when it did not accept the name as suggested by the UNO?
(b) South Africa
(c) Southern Rhodesia ✓
5. The General Assembly discusses and makes recommendations on any subject mentioned in UN Charter except
(a) Those which are not allowed by the non-permanent members of Security Council
(b) Those with which Security Council may be dealing ✓
(c) Those which are disallowed by majority of non-permanent members of Security Council
(d) None of them
6. The General Assembly meets every year in regular sessions beginning every year on
(a) 3 September ✓
(b) 5 September
(c) 7 September
(d) 11 September
7. Security Council comprises of how many members?
(d) 15 ✓
8. Security Council comprises of 15 members. How many non-permanent members Security Council has?
(b) 10 ✓
9. How many non-Permanent members are elected from Afro-Asian countries?
(b) 5 ✓
10. In the 15-member of UN Security Council, the ratio of the permanent members to the non-permanent members is
(d) 5:10 ✓
Part-3 UNO General Knowledge MCQs 💡
1. How many non-Permanent members are elected from West European Countries
(c) 2 ✓
2. The Presidency of the Security Council is held by each member country in rotation in alphabetical order of their names for a period of____.
(a) 3 months
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 month ✓
(d) 2 months
3. Who among the following was the 7th Secretary-General of the United Nations Organisation?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Nelson Mandela
(c) Kofi Annan ✓
(d) Boutros Ghali
4. The five permanent members of the Security Council of the UNO are
(a) China, France, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
(b) China, Italy, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States
(c) China, Canada, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States
(d) China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States ✓
5. For how many years are the temporary members of the Security Council of the UNO are elected?
(a) On year
(b) Two years ✓
(c) Four years
(d) Five years
6. Which of the following does not have veto power in Security Council?
(c) Germany ✓
7. All the following countries are permanent members of the Security Council EXCEPT
(c) Germany ✓
8. The Economic and Social Council consists of representatives of how many countries elected by two-third majority of General Assembly.
(a) 54 ✓
9. The members of Economic and Social Council are elected for three years. How many members are elected every year?
(c) One-third ✓
(d) None of them
10. International Court of Justice has its head office m
(a) Hague (Netherlands) ✓
(b) New York (USA)
(c) Paris (France)