Are you looking for HEC Need Based Scholarships Information? Here we’ve complete information on What are HEC Need Based Scholarships & How to Apply? If you also want to know more then read till end.
What are HEC Need Based Scholarships? HEC need based scholarships aim to provide opportunities to talented, but financially deprived students. To empower them to acquire a high quality education at a reputed Public Sector institutions/university.
What are HEC Need Based Scholarships & How to Apply?
Eligibility Criteria of HEC Need Based Scholarships:
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at Undergraduate level in all disciplines at HEC participating universities of Pakistan.
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution & get admission in Undergraduate (4 years) programs.
- Students in financial need, who are already enrolled in participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate links to his/her financial needs as assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The financial background of the family of the applicant will be kept in view in this regard.
- Universities themselves decide the number of slots.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, universities will replace them by other candidates on the waiting list.
- All disciplines are open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and number of allocated slots, etc.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D and other five year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent in order to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
NOTE: Must send the complete application to relevant Financial Aid Offices, where the applicant intends to secure admission.
Scholarship Award Process:
Following are the main steps that involve in the scholarships awarding to students.
- Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) reviews the applications of all potential candidates. The Vice Chancellor of the participating institution heads, along with members from the institution as well as external members. They ensure impartiality & transparency.
- The ISAC recommends potential candidates to the HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC). The committee includes top Executives of HEC, representatives from the participating institutions, and eminent scholars. The SMC undertakes a thorough review before approving eligible cases.
- After finalization of awardees’ list, the participating institutions will forward the funds to the selected students.
How to Apply for HEC Need Based Scholarships:
Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution. You can also Downloaded application form at the end of this page. (Click to Jump to Downloads)
Submit the Scholarship Form along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)
Students need to secure admission to any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
Please note that this scholarship program also considers partial scholarship for students already enrolled at the selected university/DAI.
Please note that under this scholarships scheme, the funds are not transferred directly to students by HEC. The payment is made to the students through participating universities/institutions.
What Does the HEC Need Based Scholarship Cover?
The Needs Based Scholarship program covers funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are applicants enrolled in universities/institutions outside of Pakistan eligible for the scholarship?
No. The scholarship will only be offered to applicants who are enrolled in selected participating public sector Pakistani universities.
2. What kind of expenses will be covered in a fully funded scholarship?
The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the duration of the entire course (i.e. 2 years graduate and 4 years undergraduate program). The scholarship also provides living expenses, cost of transportation, books and any other relevant requirements of the student.
3. Can I apply for admission in any of the participating university for admission?
Yes you can apply to any of the participating universities when they offer the admission.
4. How can I apply for the university admission?
Please see the participating university schedule for the admission in the relevant programs.
5. I have completed my matriculation. Can I apply for this scholarship?
No, these scholarships are only for Undergraduate and Graduate level.
6. I am studying in the third semester of the relevant course, am I eligible for this scholarship?
Yes, previously enrolled students can apply for this scholarship.
7. Which are the selected participating universities?
Round about 100 universities from all over the Pakistan participate in HEC Need Based Scholarship Program. These participating universities cover the same study expenses for different disciplines. (Source)
8. Is it possible to transfer the awarded scholarship from a selected university/institute to another one?
No, as per provision it is not possible to transfer the scholarship from a selected university/institute to any other university/institute.
That’s all about What are HEC Need Based Scholarships & How to Apply? In case of any further query, feel free to comment below or contact us.