Are you looking for the career scope in MBBS? You are at right place, as, here you’ll know about What is MBBS & Career Scope in Pakistan. Most of all parents’ & students’ first choice always have been to be MBBS doctor. As, it’s the most respected profession. Moreover, at the same time it’s most rewarding profession too. Therefore, everybody wish to be a MBBS doctor, not only in Pakistan, but, all over the world.
What is MBBS & Career Scope in Pakistan
What is MBBS? MBBS stands for “Medicine Bachelor & Bachelor of Surgery”. It is the profession of healing the diseases, injuries & restoring the physical & mental health of individuals, through scientific methodology. Furthermore, the field of MBBS is not all about the cure of various diseases, but, it also involves public health & prevention from diseases using precautionary measures.
Remember, a Doctor’s profession involves a lot of hard work & at the same time, it gives the satisfaction of curing patients & at times even saving lives. It has been a very demanding profession from past to present, even in future will be.
Nature of Work: The doctors are considered to be super humans & most of the time, they are termed as angels. Therefore, being a doctor you need to put behind all of your necessities, including food, in front of your duty. Patients are more important to a doctor than his own family. Sometimes a doctor has to work for 12 hours a day or even more.
MBBS Medical doctors are divided into two main categories:
1. Physicians: Examine & treat patients without operating on them. They establish a diagnosis with the help of signs & symptoms of patients & prescribe medicine accordingly. Also, they counsel patients on diet, hygiene & preventive health care.
2. Surgeons: Examine the patient to determine the extent & nature of injury. They treat or heal injuries & diseases through operations. Moreover, Surgeons Rectify physical irregularities, repairs bone & tissue after injuries & suggest on & provide post operative care.
What is MBBS Career Scope in Pakistan?
The increasing complicated lifestyles & continuous research efforts put by the researchers has resulted in the emergence of different specialties in the field of MBBS. Furthermore, different specialists of the respective fields take care of patients efficiently due to their mastery in that area resulting in better cure of diseases. Therefore, a specialized degree (FCPS, MS or MD) in the following areas requires a 4-5 years study & training program termed as “House Job” after the successful completion of MBBS.
- General Practitioner or Physician
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Internal Medicine
- Surgery etc.
Admission Requirements for MBBS in Pakistan
Following are the admission requirements for MBBS in Pakistan;
- FSc. Pre-Medical (Biology-Chemistry-Physics) or equivalence degree e.g A-Level etc.
- 65% Marks in Punjab & 60% in other Provinces
- Domicile from Home District
- UHS MDCAT Entry Test
- Age less than 25 years
Job Opportunities after MBBS in Pakistan
Huge job opportunities are available for MBBS students both in Government & Private Hospitals. Following are some of them;
- Nursing homes, clinics & health departments
- Medical services of the army, navy & air force, Medical colleges & training institutes as teachers
- Many physicians especially general & family practitioners run their own small private Clinic or Hospital
- Employed in hospitals & enjoy better positions, especially, who have 10-15 years of experience.
- Research institutes & medical colleges as researchers
That’s all about “What is MBBS & Career Scope in Pakistan”. If you’ve any query, feel free to comment or contact us.