Are you looking for the career scope in Nursing? You are at right place, as, here you’ll know about What is Nursing & Career Scope of Nursing in Pakistan. The profession of nursing has expanded its realm from taking care of individuals to a family & even a community.
What is Nursing & Career Scope of Nursing in Pakistan
What is Nursing? The profession of nursing, associated with taking care of patients, is indeed one of the noblest professions in the world. It is the art of caring for sick people with the science of health care. It is a vital component of any form of medical care. Even though doctors are there in hospitals, but one cannot deny the importance of nurses.
Remember, a Nurse profession involves a lot of hard work & at the same time, it gives the satisfaction of serving patients & at times even saving lives. It has been a very demanding profession from past to present, even in future will be.
Nature of Nursing Job:
Most Nurses work in well-lighted, comfortable health care facilities. Moreover, nurses may have to spend considerable time walking, bending, stretching & standing. Patients in hospitals & nursing care facilities require 24-hour health facilities, as a result, nurses may have to work nights, weekends & even holidays.
Nurses are more often in close contact with patients having transmittable diseases & with harmful compounds, solutions & medications. Therefore, Nurses must have to guard themselves against disease & other dangers, such as those caused by radiation & anesthetics.
On job Nurses’ have to perform the following medicare services;
- Work in hospitals or private clinics to heal & to provide advice & emotional support to patients’ family members.
- Keep records of the patients’ medical histories, observe symptom, administer treatment & medications & help patient up till rehabilitation.
- Guide patients & their families how to manage illness or injury, explaining post-treatment needs such as diet, nutrition & exercise programs.
- Also perform numerous activities, such as administering medication, observing & recording the basic life functions of the patients, such as, blood pressure, pulse or heart rate, body temperature, breathing & consulting with physicians on the plans of medication & treatment
Check: All Medical Programs Scope Admissions & Universities in Pakistan
Also Check: All High Ranked Study Programs in Pakistan
Books Library: Download Books, Free of Cost
What is Career Scope of Nursing in Pakistan?
Though, in our society, it is conceived that the profession of nursing is only meant for females, but, there is an equal opportunity for the male students as well. Currently 90% of the total nurses in Pakistan are female, while, only 10% are male.
Admission Requirements for Nurse in Pakistan
Following are the admission requirements for Nursing in Pakistan;
- Matriculation (with science subjects) or FSc (Pre-Medical)
- General Nursing Diploma
Career Opportunities of Nursing in Pakistan
A large number of career opportunities are available for Nursing students both in Government & Private sectors. Following are some of them;
- Pharmaceutical industry,
- Development, formulation, production or marketing of new drugs for clinical use.
- Self Employment (Pharmacy Stores) Hospitals
- Research Institutions
- Drug control administration
- Armed forces
That’s all about “What is Nursing & Career Scope of Nursing in Pakistan”. If you’ve any query, feel free to comment or contact us.