Are you looking for the career scope in Pharmacy? You are at right place, as, here you’ll know about What is Pharmacy & Career Scope of Pharmacy in Pakistan. Increasingly, pharmacists are pursuing research work for pharmaceutical manufacturers, developing new drugs & testing their effects.
What is Pharmacy & Career Scope of Pharmacy in Pakistan
What is Pharmacy? The profession of Pharmacy is all about preparing the medicine. It deals with the preparation, dispensing & appropriate usage of medication. A physician examines patients & diagnoses the disease & a Pharmacist prepares the medicine for the cure of this disease. Moreover, a Pharmacists also monitor the health & progress of patients to ensure the safe & effective use of medication.
Remember, a Pharmacist profession involves a lot of hard work & at the same time, it gives the satisfaction of serving patients & at times even saving lives. Therefore, it has been a very demanding profession from past to present, even in future will be.
Nature of Pharmacy Job:
Pharmacists work in clean, well-lighted & well-ventilated areas. Many pharmacists spend most of their workday on their feet. Furthermore, working with sterile or dangerous pharmaceutical products, pharmacists wear gloves, masks & other protective equipment
Pharmacist perform the following services in Medical field;
- Pharmacist prepare, mix, compound or dispense drugs & medicines, ointments, powder, pills, tablets & injections
- They produce of medicines, develop the methods or processes of production & quality control
- Are responsible for exact mixing of substances & supervising the whole production procedure in pharmaceutical industries. Therefore, their one mistake may even destroy all the reactants or raw material
- Plan, monitor & evaluate drug programs or routines
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to determine the required ingredients & to evaluate their precision
- Assist physicians by explaining & informing about the drug interactions, reactions, side effects & precautions regarding the use of medicines
- Monitor the health & progress of patients to ensure the safe & effective use of medication
- Prepare special formulations for medications of exceptional cases for which medicines are not available in the market
- Those in research concern themselves with synthesis of new drugs, new processes, clinical testing of the effects of such drugs on animals & humans & obtaining the required License from the drug control authorities
Admission Requirements for Pharmacy in Pakistan
Following are the admission requirements for Pharmacy in Pakistan;
- FSc Pre-Medical (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) or Equivalence
- 60% marks
- Domicile from Home District
- UHS MDCAT Entry Test
- Age Less than 25 years
What is Career Scope of Pharmacy in Pakistan?
Some pharmacists work in marketing or sales, providing clients with expertise on the use, effectiveness & possible side effects of drugs. While, other work for the government, managed care organizations, public health care services, the armed services or pharmacy associations. Finally, some pharmacists are employed full time or part time as college faculty, teaching classes & performing research in a wide range of areas.
A large number of career opportunities are available for Pharmacy students both in Government & Private sectors. Following are some of them;
- Pharmaceutical industry,
- Development, formulation, production or marketing of new drugs for clinical use.
- Self Employment (Pharmacy Stores) Hospitals
- Research Institutions
- Drug control administration
- Armed forces
That’s all about “What is Pharmacy & Career Scope of Pharmacy in Pakistan”. If you’ve any query, feel free to comment or contact us.